Please read thoroughly! All plans are subject to change as more information and guidelines are released by the State of New Jersey.
JU Fall 2020 In-Person Plan
Jazz Unlimited has implemented the following procedures to ensure the health and safety of our JU dancers, families, and staff.
Health & Safety ProceduresDance Studios
- Class sizes have been limited.
- Studios and high touch surface areas are cleaned and disinfected before and after each class.
- Our professional cleaning crew performs a full sanitary cleaning at the end of each night.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for all high touch surfaces in every studio.
- Doors will be open to reduce high touch surfaces and increase ventilation.
- All windows will be open to increase the circulation of outdoor air in the studios.
- 6 – foot floor grids have been designed in all studios to provide enough space for our students to dance safely.
- Common areas and high touch surface areas are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in every studio, lobby, hallway, bathroom, etc.
- We have ensured the proper use of our ventilation systems within the facility.
- Health & Safety signage has been posted throughout the building to remind students, parents, and staff of its importance.
- Social Distancing floor markings have been placed throughout the studio to allow safe passages through hallways, front desks, and lobbies.
- Bathroom occupancy will be restricted to one dancer at a time.
- Temporary closure of water fountain.
- Face masks are required for everyone ages 3 & up before entering the building.
- The use of face masks will be used when dancing in the studios.
- Numerous socially distanced breaks will be implemented in every class. We will train our bodies together and will do this to ensure all of our dancers and staff remain safe.
- Students will sanitize before, during, and after each class.
- Daily temperature checks will be administered to all JU staff and dancers.
- Come to the studio dressed and ready for class.
- Dancers should bring to the studio only what is needed for dance class.
- Stay at home if you don’t feel well.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Follow every day healthy habits.
- Clean & disinfect your belongings.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
- At Drop-Off, please remain in your vehicle until a text message has been sent to you that your studio is ready.
- After exiting your vehicle, dancers should be wearing a mask and will walk up to the first open marked heart closest to the studio.
- For parents dropping off our little dancers, you are welcome to stand with your dancers, while wearing a mask, until their temperature is taken and the teachers & staff escort them safely inside.
- While moving forward in line, we ask everyone to stand on the markers so they remain 6 feet apart.
- Dancers will enter through the main entrance one studio at a time after their temperature has been taken and their hands have been sanitized.
- At Pick-Up, dancers will be safely escorted by the teachers & staff out the side exit, one studio at a time. This exit is 50 feet to the left of the main entrance.
- Parents of dancers ages 9 and under should meet their dancers outside of the side exit. Parents will need to wear a mask and maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- IMPORTANT: All vehicles must be parked in a parking spot either directly outside of the studio or in front of Greene Street Consignment Shop in the Marlton Crossing. For the safety of all of our dancers and families, it is extremely important all vehicles are in a parking spot and parents drive very slowly in the parking lot.
“The IF Factor”
JU Fall 2020 Closure Plan
This plan will only go into effect if the state government places a stay at home order at any time during the dance season due to COVID-19.
Jazz Unlimited will turn the entire schedule virtual in the case of a temporary closure. The class that your dancer is registered for will be offered the same day and time as scheduled through Zoom. For example, if you are signed up for a class on Mondays at 4:15, your class will take place each week through Zoom on Mondays at 4:15.
If you are not able to participate in this virtual plan, your tuition can be paused and reinstated upon reopening or held for the following dance season.
The Jazz Unlimited teachers and staff are committed to the safety and well-being of all JU dancers and families.