2017 NEXT STEP REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
|Group A||Group B|
|Sunday, January 22||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, January 21||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, January 28||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, January 28||1:00 – 3:00|
|Sunday, February 5||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, February 4||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, February 11||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, February 11||1:00 – 3:00|
|Sunday, February 26||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, February 25||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, March 4||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, March 4||1:00 – 3:00|
|Sunday, March 19||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, March 18||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, March 25||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, March 25||1:00 – 3:00|
|Sunday, April 2||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, April 1||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, April 8||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, April 8||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, April 29||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, April 29||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, May 6||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, May 6||1:00 – 3:00|
|Saturday, May 13||1:00 – 3:00||Saturday, May 13||1:00 – 3:00|
Jazz Unlimited is thrilled for another exciting season of “THE NEXT STEP” program. The Next Step Program is a series of rehearsals emphasizing technique and choreography and was developed to supplement weekly scheduled dance classes. This program is designed for students who show promise and who are interested in additional performance opportunities. The dancers will be featured in our annual recitals.
EXCITING CHANGES TO NEXT STEP
1. The Next Step routines will now include both JAZZ & HIP HOP! You can be enrolled in any type of class at JU to audition.
2. Next Step will be broken into 2 different groups with 2 separate dances. The groups will be broken up primarily by age. Groups will not be determined until after the audition. Benefits of this new change include:
- Dances can be tailored to each age group
- More focus on technique
- Less dancers on stage
- More individual attention in rehearsals
- Even more fun!
3. Our 2016-2017 Next Step teachers will be Miss Fern, Miss Sammy, Miss Lisa, Miss Vanessa, Miss Colleen & Miss Michelle! They are thrilled and can’t wait to get started!
4. The rehearsal schedule for the entire year has been posted below!
Auditions will be held on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4 at the following times.
|Group A ◦ 6-8 years||Group B ◦ 9-13 years|
|1:00 – 2:15||2:30 – 4:00|
Parent’s meetings will be held the first 15 minutes of each group’s audition time. The audition will include a warm-up, a short jazz combination & a short hip hop combination. Dancers should wear dance attire (form-fitting, flexible clothes). Hair should be pulled away from face. Bring jazz shoes & sneakers if you have them.
Dancers are encouraged to audition even if they don’t have experience with both styles. Teachers will place the dancers in the appropriate sections of the routine based on their strengths. Before deciding to audition, please make sure your dancer can also fulfill all of the requirements listed below. Emails advising you of which dancers have made the program will be sent no later than Saturday, December 10th.
The cost of the program will $550. This price includes the cost of a costume but does not include shoes. There is no cost to audition. Upon acceptance into the Next Step Program, a deposit of $150 is due by December 14 with the balance of $400 due no later than January 21.
- Must be between 6 and 13 years of age as of September 30, 2016 – No Exceptions.
- Must be available for the rehearsal times listed above.
- Dancers are not permitted to miss more than 2 rehearsals.
- Dress Rehearsal – SUNDAY, May 21 is mandatory
- Must be available to perform in every recital – Tuesday, May 30 through Sunday, June 4.
- Must SIGN UP TO AUDITION no later than Friday, December 2.